We are currently looking for a Junior Social Media Assistant to join our team on a freelance basis. Initially we are looking for 8-12 hours a week but there is scope for this to increase over time. This is an entry level position for someone wanting to start their career in social media marketing.
Purpose of role
The Junior Social Media Assistant role is responsible for creating social media content that will inspire and engage our followers at JRNY. You will work directly with our founders to create daily social media content across multiple social networks.
This role suits someone who wants an exciting opportunity in an exciting and innovative travel media company. You will have a creative eye and a way with words! You must be hugely passionate about all things social media, what’s out there currently and what’s yet to come…
- Writing and creating the content for the week ahead for the JRNY social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok).
- Identify and suggest interesting and relevant content, working closely with the team to ensure that we are continually exploring new approaches.
- Monitor, manage and engage with social media interactions through community management; identifying and creating engaging content that will drive interest.
- Work closely with our founders to create a long-term content strategy.
Essential knowledge, education, skills and experience
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, ideally with your own accounts.
- Demonstrable passion for social media and travel.
- Current social media knowledge from the latest social platform updates to emerging platforms.
- A passion for creating social-first content including videos and reels.
- Great copywriting skills for writing social copy in brand tone of voice and short snappy lines.
- This is a remote position but is only open to UK residents.
- Organised with the ability to ensure deadlines are met.
- A collaborative team player who develops excellent relationships with the rest of the JRNY team.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, happy to get involved in a variety of activities.
- A love of travel.
- Hourly rate of £12.50 ph.
- You’ll be joining a new, exciting, and rapidly growing publishing company.
- Work remotely from home.
- There may be opportunities to attend media events.
- Possibility of future travel through press trips
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.